Monday, October 7, 2013

Khloe's County Fair Birthday Party: The Food

For more on the decorations for Khloe's county fair birthday party, go here.

Now on to the food!!

I wanted to make Khloe's party seem like a county fair, so we all know what that means.... really unhealthy food and some of it has to be on a stick. 

I know one little girl who sure enjoyed the cuisine.



The Menu:
  • Hot Dogs
  • Corn Dogs
  • Pasta Salad
  • Potato Salad
  • potato chips
  • Cupcakes
  • Waffle Cones w/ Neapolitan Ice Cream
  • Mini Pies
  • Donut holes on a stick
  • Popcorn
  • Funnel cake bites
  • S'mores on a stick
  • Cotton candy
  • Lemonade
  • Pop
Since I was making most of the food, I knew it would be overwhelming to do it all at once.  So, I took a tip from my momma and made the cupcakes and pies a week early.  I didn't ice the cupcakes yet, so I could just pop them all in a freezer bag and put them in the freezer.  It worked out great, plus, cupcakes are way easier to ice when they're cold.

I wanted most of the focus to be on the sweets, so I kept the main meal simple with only hot dogs, corn dogs, potato salad, pasta salad and chips.  



The sweets were the star of the show.  I had a blast making all of it.  



My favorite were the s'mores on a stick.  I put three marshmallows on a stick, dipped them in chocolate and then rolled them in graham cracker crumbs.



The popcorn was in these cute little yellow containers I found at Oriental Trading.



I didn't want to be stuck behind the table scooping out ice cream the whole time Khloe eating her smash cake, so I had Chris make me this little beauty.  It's just a cardboard box that I wrapped in kraft paper and Chris drilled holes in.  I scooped the ice cream into the waffle cones before the party, stuck them in the box and then set the whole box down in my deep freezer.  When it was time for cake and ice cream, I just carried the whole box out and voila... instant ice cream cones.



I made all of the cakes and pies as well as the cupcake picks.  



Khloe's smash cake was mostly wasted.... thank God... can you imagine if she ate this whole thing??



Mini pies were made in a cupcake pan.  They were super simple with refrigerated pie crust and store bought cherry and apple pie filling.


I'll be posting a tutorial soon about how I made the cake plates.



That's it for the food.  I have one more birthday post after this.  We have to talk about the games and the favors :)  

-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
www.lifeonagravelroad.com
and update your bookmarks.